stat counter

Friday, October 31, 2014

Happy Day of the Dead



     We celebrated this week's Mexican holiday, "Dia de los Muertos", at my West Kendall school. 



  Each of my 700 students made and decorated paper masks for the November 1 holiday, the one that explores the spiritual connection between the living and the dead.

      My kids were very excited because the special day is a central theme in the new animated kid's movie, "The Book of Life".

       Some of my kids celebrate the DOTD as well with their families.  The students told me they visit the graves of loved ones or offer toasts to the departed.  
     I asked, "Do any of you dress up like skeletons
on the Day of the Dead (as kids often do in Mexico)?".  "No", was their usual replay, "That would be too weird".
                               _________________________________________________





W I S H I N G  Y O U  a Happy Halloween, Felice Dia de Los Muertos and a blessed All Saints Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment